VENDOR SET UP INSTRUCTIONS
Our promoter, Alan Finchley, and his team from Nassau County Craft Shows, will be located near the Dunkin Donuts just north of the Tracks to greet you and direct you to your space. They will be wearing bright vests for easy identification. (Alan will not wear a vest.)
If you have made arrangements for a specific space with Alan Goldberg (SWCoC Street fair Committee Chairman), let them know when you arrive.
As the roads will be barricaded, you MUST arrive from the south on either Jackson Avenue or Underhill Blvd. in order to drive up and unload your vehicles.
The gps address for vendor set-up is 59 Jackson Ave, Syosset, NY 11791.
If you get lost or have questions the day of the event, feel free to call our promoter (Alan Finchley) @ 516-859-8444
Among the most important requirements are:
- Vendor set up starts at 7am and continues throughout the morning.
- GPS location is 59 Jackson Ave, Syosset, NY 11791 to arrive at the Vendor line up.
- For public safety, if you are setting up a 10’x10′ tent each leg of the tent must have at least 18lbs of weight.
- Single Vendor/Sponsor BOOTHS are 10’x10′
- Most people are bringing 6′ tables
- To prevent a tent from becoming an ‘unguided missile,’ our staff will dismantle your tent if it is not properly weighted or tied down.
- If you are setting up one or more tables, each one should be covered with a floor length quality tablecloth.
- Prohibited are bare tables, plastic covers or bedsheets.
- Food trucks must arrive no later than 7:30am so that they can be easily maneuvered into their space.
- Vendors bringing in trailers must arrive no later than 7:30 am so that they can be easily maneuvered into their space.
- Vendor locations are not assigned in advance.
- Spaces are assigned on a first come first served basis. (unless special arrangements have been made with Committee Chairman in advance).
- There are no ‘bad’ or ‘better’ locations at any of our shows.
- If you feel it is important for you to have a specific location, please write the location on your Vendor Application or arrive early so that we can accommodate you.
- Our staff will guide you to your location and help you with whatever you need, within reason, to get set up, including helping to unload your car, setting up your canopy and tables, and helping carry heavy items from your vehicle to your space.
- Please remain patient since we help all vendors in the order in which they arrive.
- Tipping our staff is encouraged and appreciated. (This applies to our Street Fair Staff, NOT Chamber Volunteers.)
- Throughout the day, our staff will be walking back and forth throughout the show making sure all vendors are ok.
- Vendors are welcome to ask our staff members to watch their booth for a short time, but please do not ask our staff to make sales on your behalf.
- Vendors are responsible for keeping their selling area clean during the Show and taking their garbage with them at the end of the day.
- Vendors who leave their selling area littered with debris will not be invited back.
- Near the end of the day, our staff will visit every vendor to inform them of break down procedures.
- For public safety at the end of the day at all our Street Fairs, vendors must wait to bring their vehicles to their space only under the direction of our staff.
- We take direction from the Police, Nassau County, Town Of Oyster Bay and all other departments that allow us to close the street for the Show.
- Vendors are encouraged to please share all the above information with whoever will be representing you at the actual Show.
BREAKDOWN CAN BEGIN AT 5:00PMAND NO EARLIER AS WE ANTICIPATE SEVERAL THOUSAND PEOPLE AND ENTERTAINMENT WILL CONTINUE UNTIL THAT TIME.
Looking forward to a great event
Alan I. Goldberg
SWCoC Board Member
Chairman, 2019 Street Fair Committee