- This event has passed.
Member Event – Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Seminar
October 16 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Seminar
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
8 Hour Training Program
Location: Cold Spring Hills Center for Nursing
378 Syosset-Woodbury Road * Woodbury, NY 11797
8:30am – 5:30pm
Melissa Gallagher, NCCDP Trainer, CTRS, CDP, CADDCT, HHA
President and Owner of Creative Caregiving Solutions, Inc.
Dementia curriculum includes:
· Overview of dementia, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment
· Communication, feelings, depression
· Repetitive behaviors, paranoia, hallucinations, wandering, hoarding, aggressive behaviors
· Catastrophic reactions
· Intimacy, sexuality
· Nutrition, pain
· Activities, environment, staff and Family support
· Diversity, cultural competence
· Spiritual care and end of life support
Who should attend?
· Anyone who works with persons with dementia in any setting, health care or home care: health care professional: CNA’s, home health aides, activity professionals, recreation therapists, social workers, nurses, rehabilitation professionals, administrators, memory or dementia unit managers and supervisors for memory care or dementia care living or community centers.
· This is the required class for those who are pursuing certification as a Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) and is also attended by those who want to increase their knowledge base.
Call or Email To Register Today, Space is Limited!
Deadline: October 5th Fee: $150 / $135 if registered by September 28th
A light breakfast and lunch will be provided
You will receive a Handout Notebook in a 3 ring binder with tabs. A CDP application will be provided to you in class. You will have 30 days to submit your application to NCCDP for consideration for CDP certification if you qualify. Or just come for the education.
Cancellation fee is $75. No Walk-Ins